Welcome to the website of GeoThings. In order to help you gain a better understanding of GeoThings’ privacy protection and information security policies, please read the following carefully so as to protect your rights when accessing GeoThings’ services and information.
1. Scope of Application
The following privacy policies, which apply once you enter GeoThings’ website, govern GeoThings’ collection, use and protection of your personal data. Please note that the said policies no longer apply when you leave the website and connect to a different one linked to our own. GeoThings cannot guarantee your privacy on a linked website, as the protection of your personal data on a linked website is, after all, the responsibility of that website.
2. Collection and use of personal data
- When you visit this website or use the functional services provided by this website, we will provide you with the necessary personal information and deal with and use your personal information within the specific purpose of the nature of the service function. GeoThings will not use personal data for other purposes without your written consent.
- GeoThings’ website will retain your name, email address, contact information and usage time when you use the service mailbox, subscribe to newsletters, surveys and other interactive features.
- In the general browsing, the server will record the relevant actions, including the use of your connection device IP address, usage time, the browser, click browse and data records, as our reference for improving website service. This record is for internal use and is never published.
- In order to provide accurate services, we will collect the contents of the questionnaire survey and analysis. In addition to the internal research, the statistical analyze data or explanatory text of the results will be published text as necessary, but not involve specific personal information.
3. Information Protection
- GeoThings’ website hosts the firewall, anti-virus system and other related information security equipment and the necessary security measures to protect the site and your personal information. All personal data transmitted by GeoThings’ website is encrypted to prevent it from being accessed and stolen by a third party. Only authorized personnel can access your personal information, the relevant processing personnel have signed the confidential contracts. If the breach of confidentiality obligations, will be subject to the relevant laws and regulations.
- If it is necessary to entrust other units to provide services due to business needs, GeoThins will also strictly require its compliance with confidentiality obligations and take the necessary inspection procedures to determine that it will be in compliance.
4. Links to the other site
5. Sharing personal information with third parties
GeoThings’ website will not sell or provide any of your data to other organizations, individuals or private enterprises, with the following exceptions: (1) for legal investigations by law enforcement agencies; and (2) for investigations or use by other governmental authorities when needed to perform their official duties. The circumstances of the preceding paragraph include not limited to:
- Through your written consent.
- The law expressly states.
- To avoid the danger of your life, your body, your liberty, or your property.
- For legal investigations by the official or academic research institutions, and the information processed by the provider or collected in accordance with its way of disclosure can not identify a specific party.
- Benefit your interests.
- The responsibility for supervising and managing the outsourcing company or individual when the company entrusts the vendor to assist in the collection, processing or use of your personal data.
6. Use Policy
To customize its services, GeoThings embeds a cookie in your browser. The cookies, which are embedded when you register with or enter GeoThings’ website, are updated each time you visit. If you do not want to be embedded cookies, you can set the browser privacy level to the highest, and cookie can be rejected and write. But it may lead to certain features that do not work properly.
7. Revision of the Privacy Protection Policy
GeoThings will revise this policy from time to time so as to keep pace with the most up-to-date privacy protection standards. Should the policy undergo a major change, an announcement so stating will be posted on the website for your reference.